X-ray Shows Accidentally Swallowed Scissors

 

X-rays showed the 9cm long and 4cm wide scissors fully entered esophagus, with the sharp top angling up to the epiglottis. Photo: EUROPICS

Chinese surgeons saved a man’s life after he accidentally swallowed a pair of nail scissors he was using to clean his teeth. These are the astonishing X-rays that show how surgeons saved a man’s life after he cut his throat with a pair of scissors – from the inside.

Lin Kong had borrowed a four-inch-long pair of nail scissors to use instead of a toothpick to clean his teeth after a meal. But as one of his friends told a joke, the 27-year-old laughed and swallowed the clippers. As he tried to cough up the scissors, the points, which were facing upwards, dug deeper into his throat, causing serious damage.

(Click here to see the original article)

Be first to comment